Blog Archive

Friday, June 8, 2012

Museu De La Xocolata

Bambi at the Chocolate Museum
The Movie Bambi
The Gaudi Lizard
The Gaudi Lizard at the Chocolate Museum
Recently, we went to the Chocolate Museum. After going there, I feel so much smarter. I never would have known how chocolate was made, seen remarkable sculptures, had a peek at the workers making bakery treats, and the experience to bite into the best chocolate I've ever had if it wasn't for this museum.
             Chocolate is made from cocoa butter. It started off just being a bitter sauce, until someone had a brilliant idea to add sugar. Chocolate then became the delicious treat it is today. When we walked into the chocolate museum, we got into the woods where we saw the cocoa butter tree. There even was a video on how chocolate was made and discovered.
The chocolate sculptures were amazing, from daring gladiators, to goofy Spongebob Squarepants. All the sculptures were extremely elaborate and 100% chocolate. My favorite was the Bambi one, because Bambi’s one of my favorite films and they did a great job on the sculpture, my dad’s favorite is The Black Mary, my mom’s favorite is  the one of then Rome Colosseum because, we just went there, Cassandra’s favorite was one of a boy and girl on a swing, Sofia’s was of the version of black Mary because she thinks it’s funny how in Montserrat they have the real one and in the chocolate museum they have one made of chocolate, and Nolan’s favorite was the Smurf one because he loved that movie. Even though we're all a different  age, we all stood there in fascination and amazement from the fact that they’re made of chocolate.
When we walked out, there were hard working chefs making delicious treats like cake, chocolate, and more. One man was busy as a bee sanding the rich chocolate to make it smooth. I didn’t know that’s how chocolate gets smooth until I saw the man doing that.  Another was working efficiently without looking up for even a second as he makes a neat cake.
 The ticket, which was a bar of snappy dark chocolate was 3-4 euros.  I loved the idea of having the delicious chocolate bar as a ticket. The first bite after learning so much about the history of chocolate made me smile.

1 comment:

  1. Great memories, Olivia. And I like the way you showed the two Gaudi lizards. Good idea! EP

    ReplyDelete