Blog Archive

Friday, April 6, 2012

Reaction to "Mona Lisa" by Leanordo Da Vinci

The Mona Lisa

Sketch I did of Mona  Lisa

The stunning painting, "Mona Lisa" spoke to me. Does this make sense? How her mysterious lips mouthed the words, "Write about me"?

This gorgeous painting was painted by the talented Leonardo DaVinci. DaVinci dived in to many prominent paintings. His steady hands were guided to this unforgettable creation in 1503. His gift of satisfaction was received in 1907 (biography.com).

I take great pleasure in the many wondrous optical techniques he managed to astonishingly do. The Mona Lisa's shaved eyebrows hover over her abstruse eyes. The Italian artist made her eyes to look like they're following you. This miraculous trick isn't the only one he hid under his sleeve. Mona Lisa's enigmatic smile pulls nearly everyone to her. It in bewilderingly creates warmth. Though, after a while of looking at the painting her smile starts to cool off.

There are many wonders in the Louvre. I'm sincerely grateful we went to see the "Mona Lisa" at 7:00 which is when it's less busy. To keep us from constantly complaining, our parents told us to find some paintings from the Louvre sketch them, and look for them when we get there. The prize for this scavenger hunt was a crepe. Unfortunately, due to us leaving without seeing all the many paintings in the Louvre, we weren't able to check off everything on the hunting list.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sketch! I'd love to see what Cassie and Sofia drew as well. Were you surprised by how small the Mona Lisa was when you saw her in person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Grandma!I'll be sure to have Cassandra and Sofia post theirs too. :)One of my friends told me the size of it so I wasn't surprised when I saw it, just when she told me the size of it. Happy Easter!
    Your FAVORITE granddaughter,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete