Blog Archive

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Football Ingles

Yesterday, my sisters and I went to an English soccer clinic in Las Ramblas. We were divided into groups by age. Sofia was in the 6-8 age group and Cassandra and I were in the 9-12 age group. Mostly, Spanish-speaking boys were at the soccer clinic. We did drills that help with aiming skills and played a scrimmage. I found the drills helpful. Not only did they help me, but they also reminded me the rules of soccer, since I don’t play it here. I was happy that I won two of the drills we did.  One, you had to move around in a square and quickly pass to other players. If you kick it out of the square, you’re out. The other, you had to kick the top part of the goal with the soccer ball. If you do it, you win. I even got a prize for winning that drill. The prize was a small, black Barcelona soccer ball with autographs of the players on the Barcelona team on it. It was nice to get our hands- uh, feet on a soccer ball again.

Soccer Ball I Won


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Olivia! The soccer ball will be a great souvenir of your trip AND your awesome soccer skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks grandma! I'm going to keep it in my room:).

    ReplyDelete