Blog Archive

Monday, April 30, 2012

A Beautiful Scene in the Caixa Museum


Recently, my family happily went to the Caixa Museum where I, along with both my sisters, was told to pick out a favorite painting and I chose E. Delacroix's "El Mar Visto Desde los altos De Pienne" which translates to "Sea Views from high in Pienne" in English. This work of art was created by, and is, along with many other paintings I enjoyed at the Caixa Museum, on loan from the Louvre. Although this painting would still be beautiful with just its realistic waves and clouds alone, if you look deeply into this scene you can see all the details that were carefully put into this work. Some details you may notice quickly are the many boats in the brightly shining water, the shore towards the back, and waves hitting rocks, making this painting even more gorgeous.  Surely the creator of this work of art must have been an extraordinary artist to be able to make this realistic, detailed, and beautiful sight.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cassandra- Your post prompted me to look up Delacroix whom I have never heard of, and by the looks of his other works, I think you chose the most beautiful one to write about. You certainly have an eye for beauty. Happy month of May! EP

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous painting you chose! Must be really special to see it in person. I have never seen this Delacroix painting so thanks for sharing it with us. I especially love the way he painted the sky. Nice analysis. Did I ever tell you that when I was in Amsterdam many years ago, I couldn't wait to see Van Gogh's Starry Night? When I got to the museum, I found out it was on loan to New York!

    ReplyDelete