Blog Archive

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ups and Downs of Studying in Spain

For those of you who don't know, my sisters Sofia, Olivia, and I are being educated at home while we are in Spain, which is good because you can take breaks and you don't have to wake up early. We start at around eleven thirty and take a lunch break at two then go back to work. Sometimes we go to tourist sections of Spain and write about the places we went to. It's nice to be able to get up and take a walk instead of sitting in a classroom all day.  While there are good parts about being home-schooled there are also bad parts, for example, you can't participate in spirit week at school, be on a school sport team or club, and talk to friends very often. I'm looking forward to going back to school for fun events, activities, and friends, but right now I'm enjoying being able to have a little extra time to look at and learn about Europe.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great schedule. How is your teacher? Strict? :) You're so lucky to be doing what you're doing. Hopefully you get to email your friends at home often to keep up on the latest. Do you think you might meet a few new friends in Barcelona? Love, EP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. My teacher can be strict at times :) Luckily I've been able to e-mail some of my friends. So far I haven't really met too many people here, but hopefully, by the end of my trip, I'll have met some new friends.

      Delete
  2. I, too, like the sound of this schedule! I can understand, though, how you might miss your friends. Are there any kids in your neighborhood? Do they have places where kids go to play the way they do at home? Maybe you can get into a pick-up soccer game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hello Mrs.LaMattina! Yes, they do have places where kids play like the park and soccer fields. I just moved to another apartment, but I've seen some kids around here. Unfortunately, mostly boys seem to play soccer here, however, they have other activities. There is even a dance class that I may take here.

      Delete
  3. Hi from waterford and your world geo class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cassandra- We are here in A period checking out your blog. Very cool that you are getting home schooled. We don't like to get up early either. You can expect more posts from some of your friends SOON! Ms. Corazzelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone in Waterford and my World Geo class. :) I miss you all. I hate to get up early too but still I have to get up early sometimes, which is even worse here because in Spain they stay up a lot later. Even the kids who aren't home schooled get up to go to school later than we do in Connecticut. I wish in the United States school started later. Thank you all for commenting on and reading our blog.

    ReplyDelete