Blog Archive

Monday, February 13, 2012

Harrod's

Harrod's
Dog at Harrod's Pet Spa
Food Hall at Harrod's
Today as I was looking through our blog I realized no one in my family has written about one of the most amazing parts of London which is the Harrod's store. Whether you like music, pets, clothes, toys, or food, this store is sure to have something you love on one of its five floors. When we were there, they had a Harry Potter exhibition, which was great because my family is in love with Harry Potter.  In the exhibition room they sold Harry Potter ties, wands, shirts, and every Harry Potter item you could possibly imagine. I absolutely loved going to the pet section of Harrod's, where you are able to see the most adorable puppies. Not only do they sell pets, but they also sell a large variety of treats for your pet. When you get hungry they have treats available for you on the second floor. While there are a few restaurants scattered around Harrod's, the second floor is where you will find the most scrumptious glittered donuts, fruit tarts, cupcakes, and desserts. If you're not in the mood for something sweet, that is never a problem because they have the biggest variety of food I have ever seen. While of course shopping may not be everyone's idea of fun, shopping at Harrod's in London can be fun for everyone.

7 comments:

  1. I remember loving Harrod's when I was there almost 30 years ago. The Food Hall was amazing and is probably bigger and better than it was! I am curious as to what treats you tried there. I remember having a cream tart with tea.

    (LOVE the doggie!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food hall definitely is amazing! I had a coconut cream doughnut, which was pretty good, however, it didn't have cream inside it like I thought it would. While everyone in my family got something, my mom got the most interesting thing, a violet flavored marshmellow. She didn't really like it, but I tried a little bit and I didn't think It was too horrible. It tasted like berries. How was the cream tart that you tried when you went to Harrod's?

      Delete
  2. It was very good. I wanted to try more things but was too full. Violet marshmallow! Wow, that's different. I remember also being in awe of the subway system--that were so deep underground and had such STEEP escalators! Did you know that during WW II, many people went down into the subways to get away from the bombs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cassandra! We miss you so much! By the way, did you happen to pick up some treats from the food hall for all your friends back home? :-)And that doggie spa looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chloe! I miss everyone at Clark Lane too. I wasn't allowed to bring anything home for friends from London because the airline we used had a weight and height limit for luggage :( but maybe I can get something from Spain. They have good cookies and hopefully I can bring back a box :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Cassandra! Its kaelynn! I hope your having a great time!! I am soo jealous that you went to harry potter place! I love harry potter!! You are soo lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaelynn! I'm having a good time, but I miss everyone. I am a huge Harry Potter fan too so seeing places where the movie was filmed was great. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete