Blog Archive

Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Biggest Carnaval in Spain by Sofia


Children's Parade
Getting Ready for Parade

Mom's Favorite

The Beach Nearby

Cassandra Chasing a Swan

Swan with Sofia

Dad's Favorite (LOL)

Masks

Dancing Chickens Near Chicken Shop
Carnaval was a lot of fun!  We even got masks.  Carnaval has a parade when people dress up crazily.  Carnaval lasts a few days and you get all these sweets like candy, and desserts.  After Carnaval, the next 42 days, you don't get any sweets.  The Carnaval we went to in Sitges is the largest in Spain.  In Sitges, the parade is the grand finale.  I couldn't see some of the kids' parade, but for the second one I was actually standing on a garbage can.  I could see very well.  My favorite one was the one where the mom was a dalmation, the dad was a cos, the baby in the stroller was a pig.  My Dad's favorite was was the one with the cow wearing a black bra.  And like I said, they do dress up crazily.  Olivia's favorite was one that was a group of asparagus with a rubber band around them.  My mom's favorite was the French court one.  And Nolan's was Buzz Lightyear.  Cassandra liked the masks.  We also saw swans and took pictures with one.  There was also a beach nearby.  I think we should go back here someday, well in the summertime. 

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun!
    <3
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good time! Good idea to stand on the garbage can! I love reading your posts, Sofia. Love, EP

    ReplyDelete