Blog Archive

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Learn To Love Life, New Experiences, and Traveling

Throughout this amazing trip there are several things I've learned about myself, and here are a few:

1.  I've learned I've become more brave from visiting lovely Europe. I've done so much that six months ago I might have said I would not do, like having four lively parrots on me at once when I went to Croatia, or  going 1,063 feet off the ground in Paris on the Eiffel Tower. Now I know, some risks are worth taking, even if I'm afraid to, because in the end, I'll be extremely happy I took them.

2. I've learned that before this trip, I was someone who would get and wear clothes not as much because I liked them, but more because my friends or other people at my school would. Now that I've been away from my friends for a while, and have seen so many people from all around the world wearing different outfits, I'm learning to happily pick out outfits that I like, as opposed to outfits my friends do.

3. I've learned I appreciate art more than I expected I would. I expected that I wouldn't enjoy going to museums and looking at art all day, however, surprisingly, the art in the museums drew me in, and, unexpectedly, made me gaze at it and wonder, how was this created?

4. I've learned I used to get stressed over school too much. Before I came here I would often stay up until midnight studying and take an unbelievably long time on my homework to make sure I got it all right, however, now I've learned how much easier life can be if I learn to live it to the fullest and how much happier I am if I get enough sleep. Of course I know I should still try hard in school, I just think I shouldn't get so stressed over things.

5.  I've learned I say I don't want to go places sometimes, when I shouldn't, because where I say I don't want to go, ends up being a great place. Two examples of that are the Odyssey in Paris and the Natural History museum in London, both of which were places I didn't want to go to. The Natural History Museum, honestly, ended up being my favorite museum I've probably ever been to, and the Odyssey had the best selection of art I've ever seen.

6. I've learned I like new experiences. Whether it's a learning experience, trying a new food, or seeing new artwork, I like it. I've definitely had plenty of new experiences over this past six months, from learning about the colosseum, to riding delightfully on a Gondola in Venice. Basically, all my life has been this past six months is new experiences, and that's definitely a good thing.

7. It has been great to be able to see what other parts of the word are like, and I hope that when I'm older I'll be able to do more of that. To me, seeing different parts of the world is what traveling is, so the fact that I like doing that is another thing I've learned about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment