Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What if You're at the Eiffel Tower and a Tornado Breaks Out?

It was one of those moments that would leave anyone scratching their head.  Years from now, I know my kids will be saying,  "Remember how Dad thought it was a big deal?" 

The family had taken a weekend break from Barcelona and gone to the Eiffel Tower for a picnic.  We were just finishing our photo shoot when this little mini-tornado danced around in front of us.  I didn't capture the first few moments, in part because it crossed us and got dirt in our faces and eyes.  But as soon as it moved away, I grabbed my camera. 



I had heard of these little whirlwinds before, but I never envisioned seeing one for the first time in my life in front of this iconic work of art.  I guess it's appropriate that it happened.  I mean, as a boy in El Salvador, I never envisioned being in Paris, and certainly not with a great family like mine.  I am blessed.  What else is there to say?

1 comment:

  1. Great little video. Pretty amazing that you all saw that at the Eiffel Tower!

    ReplyDelete