Blog Archive

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Glimpse of our Apartment

My family has recently moved into a different apartment in Barcelona. The apartment we're living in now is actually two apartments, so it's very spacious. We have two kitchens, two washing machines, and two living rooms. That's a huge upgrade from our old apartment, considering the fact that in our old place, Nolan and Sofia had to share a pull out coach to sleep in, and now we all have beds and a pull out couch to use when people come to visit. My favorite part of our new apartment is our small balcony in the apartment Olivia and I sleep in and the closed in porch on the other side of the apartment where I like to eat breakfast because it's always warm and sunny there in the morning.
Outside our Apartment
      Although the apartment we have moved to is larger than our old one,  it is not as modern. In fact, someone Gaudi taught designed this apartment. While our new apartment isn't very up to date, I think it's still somewhat "pretty" and the location of it is great because we're more towards the center of the city, which means it's closer to a large variety of shops and restaurants. It is also walking distance to one of the two places my Dad is working at, and just a ride on the subway away from the other place my dad will be teaching.  Though this apartment isn't exactly perfect, I think it's great for our family and I'm happy we found it.
The Outside of our Apartment

In The Hallway of our Apartment

The Church in Front of our Apartment (with bells that are our nine a.m. wake up alarm)


3 comments:

  1. The architecture of the new building is beautiful--looks very Spanish--and I love all the colorful detail inside. I also love the fact of the church bells waking you up each morning. Very charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you found it, too. Now you have room to s-t-r-e-t-c-h. And it looks so authentically Spanish. Very appropriate. Is the artwork above the door of the church all mosaic? Thanks for the photos. EP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms.Elaine! I'm not sure if the artwork above the door of the church is all mosaic. I've been asking everyone in my family if they can tell if it is because I can't, and they can't tell either. It's pretty high up.

      Delete