Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Weather in England

The weather in England can be really cold. But we didn't let the weather rain on our parade. There were many things that we wanted to do and we couldn't let the weather get in the way of it. The average temperature is 6 degrees Celsius so we had to wear plenty of layers! If we go to England or anywhere cold again, I will be sure to pack a turtle neck  and  earmuffs or a hat to keep my head and neck warm. We tried to do indoor activities on colder days. We went inside a shop after a lot of walking to warm up.  If we get to do this again then next time we will be sure to keep a rain jacket or umbrella with us at all times. Then maybe we will stay warm!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Olivia- It seems you experienced what I think of when I think of England's weather-cold, rainy, and gray. But I'm glad you overcame the damp and didn't let it stop you from having a good time. Did you have a cup of English tea to warm your chilled bones? Hopefully Barcelona will be a bit warmer for you. Love to you and all your adventurous family. EP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess there's a big difference in temperature between London and Barcelona. Sounds like you did a lot there. I love reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys are having a blast!! One thing I always had with me when I traveled to England was an umbrella. I've been 6 times to the equivalent of about 40 days and I only had to endure 2 days of rain!! I'm not saying it was bright and sunny but the rain held off. So pack an umbrella and maybe you'll have the same luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got really lucky with only 2 days of rain considering how much you've been in England! For us it didn't rain too much, but it was super cold. I heard yesterday it snowed in London and flights were delayed. It's a good thing we didn't come home from London yesterday!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! No, I did not have a cup of English tea. But that sounds really nice! Can you believe that they sold ice cream in the middle of winter? Brrrr! It's suprising how 2 hours ago you're looking at palm trees then 2 hours later you're putting on 2 jackets! Wow, Ms. Mary, you were really lucky for it to have rained only twice in 40 days!
    -Olivia

    ReplyDelete