Blog Archive

Friday, February 3, 2012

Lemon and Orange Fanta
Coconut Yogurt

Fruit Milk

Nesquick cereal

Peach Juice

Potato Tortilla


Ham Chips
I noticed there are several different types of foods in Barcelona than in America. I quickly learned that the people here really love their ham and even have ham chips! They also seem to love milk. While you can get milk hot, cold, or at room temperature here I always get mine cold, or, as they say here, "frio."  Because of their love of milk they have fruit milk (which tastes like juice in case your wondering) and lots and lots of Nesquick. Nestle, as well as Fanta, and different types of juices are popular here. My favorite type of juice here is peach juice. They have coconut and mango yogurt which I don't think they have in America but I'm not sure.  There are a lot of bakeries here so there are a lot of good desserts and bread.  In fact, I've had bread just about every day I've been here! One thing not so great about food in Barcelona is that the restaurants  don't have too much variety so my family has been ordering similar meals all the time. For instance, my sister, Olivia, has ordered a potato tortilla from just about every restaurant we go to.  Above are some pictures of food that I came across in Spain.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures--VERY interesting! The peach juice and mango yogurt both sound great. Skyping with you is awesome.

    ReplyDelete