Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Reaction to "Cat Fight" by Goya

Recently, we went to Madrid. There, we enjoyed going to a wax museum, seeing one of the Madrid Teams, and visiting the Prado Museum. The painting I enjoyed most at the Prado museum was "Cat Fight" by Goya. This painting stood out to me as I gazed at the screen on the laptop. The enchanted illuminated background made with a composition of thin lovely lines gluing my eyes to it commands me key by key what to write. The miraculous light Goya has created was well done and brought out the elaboration in the beautiful painting like the cat's fur. He managed to carefully place the detailed fur in a way that shows off their expression. Other clues of how they feel are how Goya let their ears fall down and their tails curve.  This talented artist created quite a fine masterpiece.

2 comments:

  1. I see why this painting captured your attention. You did a great analysis of it, especially even noting how he showed the animals' emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grandma! See you SOON!:)

    ReplyDelete