Blog Archive

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Classic and Low-Priced Books on my Kindle

     The books I have read since I've gotten to Spain are:  In a Heartbeat, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The Land of Oz, Bruiser, Okay for Now, and Matched.  All of these books were really good but there were some that were so good that I have to recommend them to anybody who is looking for amazing books to read.  Those books are: In a Heartbeat, Bruiser, and Matched.
     In a Heartbeat
was a very touching story about a girl who was an organ donor and a girl who needed her heart.  The author made things very suspenseful and soaked the book with emotion.  What was also good about this book is how it was told from both points of view, so you know how both girls feel about it.  Bruiser is about a boy who feels the pain of anybody he cares about.  This book is also told from different points of view.  It has pages of figurative language and keeps you at the edge of your seat.  Finally, I want to give a shout-out to Matched, which is about a girl in a futuristic society that chooses your husband/wife.  This book is packed with suspense and makes you keep flipping those pages!  Ally Condie is the new Stephanie Meyer.
     These books were all downloaded onto my Amazon Kindle. I think the Kindle is a very nice tool. However, as a friend said, the Kindle is partially the reason Border's is gone, and I always flip the pages by accident. Our dad didn't want us to bring any books to Spain because they take up too much luggage. Kindles are very efficient ways to read a book and you save money on classics.

3 comments:

  1. I love hearing about the books you are reading. In a Heartbeat and Bruiser both sound really good and I absolutely loved Matched. It reminded me of Hunger Games a little. Great idea for us all to read the sequel for our summer book club!

    What I don't like about the ebooks is that you can't share the books with others when you are done with them. But they are great for traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say that I'm a Kindle fan, but it sure beats carrying books in your suitcase! Have you all had time to read more now that you're being home-schooled? EP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Grandma and Ms. Elaine! In a Heartbeat and Bruiser are really good books! I highly recommend them. But be sure to keep a box of tissues with you while reading them! I agree with you anti-Kindle gals. I always flip the pages by accident and forget the name of the book I'm reading! I do have plenty of reading time now that I'm being home-schooled. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete